About Me

Essex & Bournemouth,, United Kingdom
I am currently a second year student studying costume with performance design at The Arts Unversity College in Bournemouth. My blog will be a way for me to present my progression throughout my time on the costume course and show how my making skills develop through a variety of units that I will carry out.

Sunday 21 March 2010

Making the Waistband basque and knickers

After doing two weeks of work placement at Rainbow Productions I am back in Bournemouth. I have started the ballet workshops and this week have made the waistband, basque and the knickers for the tutu. The basque is what will attach the knickers and the bodice together to make it one whole piece. The tacking on the knickers shows where the netting for the tutu will be placed. My tutu will have twelve layers of net. The knickers are made out of a bra/bobbin net which is very soft as this is the only fabric used for the knickers so needs to be comfortable.

The group made a mistake when making the waistband sewing on the elastic wrong, so we had to make it again. By making it a second time I understand the whole process and why it is made the way it is. The images show the basque with the waisband attached and the knickers with the tacking lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment