About Me

Essex & Bournemouth,, United Kingdom
I am currently a second year student studying costume with performance design at The Arts Unversity College in Bournemouth. My blog will be a way for me to present my progression throughout my time on the costume course and show how my making skills develop through a variety of units that I will carry out.

Monday 15 March 2010

History of the Tutu Research

After researching the history of the classical tutu I read that it is used to flatter the dancers body lines and pose to their best advantage. This has given me the aim to make my tutu complement my dacers figure because it is important that it moves like a second skin with hers so the audience can see her every dance move.

Looking into the history of the classical tutu has broadened my knowledge of this area of dancewear and prepared me for my first tutorial. I feel I have gained som thorough initial understanding of how the tutu is constructed, all the different sections and generally how it works to complement the dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment