About Me

Essex & Bournemouth,, United Kingdom
I am currently a second year student studying costume with performance design at The Arts Unversity College in Bournemouth. My blog will be a way for me to present my progression throughout my time on the costume course and show how my making skills develop through a variety of units that I will carry out.

Tuesday 16 March 2010

Initial Tutorial

Before making the tutu my tutor briefly went over the history, how we would be planning our time effectively to produce our tutus, briefly how long he expected us to take on each section of our tutus and a bit more information about our clients.

This was helpful becuase I got a much clearer understanding of what was expected of me for this project and how quickly I will need to be working. My tutor made it very clear that our clients were paying for the tutus we produce and that they must be made to a professional standard. I think that knowing the clients are paying will make me want to produce a pristine tutu that has been made to the highest standard possible. This will prepare me for next year knowing that the standard of my work needs to be pushed to the next level.

In this first tutorial I also found out that we will each be allocated different dancers who we already have the measurements for and that we will be having a fitting with our dancers one week before the tutus have to be completed. This has put the pressure on knowing that the tutus are being fitted to a dancer so have to be made carefully to the measurements we have been given. When researching the wardrobe mistress at Royal Birmingham Ballet said that they would usually have three fittings because the dancers weight is constantly changing so in a way this is more intense than the industry in the sense that we only have one fitting. This will prepare me for next year and working in the industry becuase I will see how I work under pressure and if I can cope.

No comments:

Post a Comment