About Me

Essex & Bournemouth,, United Kingdom
I am currently a second year student studying costume with performance design at The Arts Unversity College in Bournemouth. My blog will be a way for me to present my progression throughout my time on the costume course and show how my making skills develop through a variety of units that I will carry out.

Friday 14 May 2010

Attaching the Bodice and Tutu



I found sewing the bodice to the tutu extremely time consuming and the most difficult task throughout the whole project, this was because it was so awkward trying to work around the tutu and make it look neat. I had to sew through the gap between the piping and the bodice and along the edge of the binding on the basque, as well as all this I had to make sure that it was laying straight and that the CF and CB's matched. I think with more practice I could definately get better at doing this but I know that I did this to the best quality that I could of done.

I also had to put swing catches on the basque to the bodice. When I completed these I noticed that the bodice is not laying as straight as I would of liked but after I had spent so long sewing the bodice and tutu together I thought that I would be wasting time taking it apart and re-doing it. It is not that noticable and when worn it does look straighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment