About Me

Essex & Bournemouth,, United Kingdom
I am currently a second year student studying costume with performance design at The Arts Unversity College in Bournemouth. My blog will be a way for me to present my progression throughout my time on the costume course and show how my making skills develop through a variety of units that I will carry out.

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Drafting the Bodice



To draft a bodice for a tutu it is easierst to draft it on the stand pinning black tape to the mannequin becuase the lines of the seamlines is extremely important in flattering the body. After learning how to do this I started drafting my own bodice, making sure it was as flattering as possible, I could then pin calico over the top of my drafter pattern. This became the pattern pieces.

This was a really useful technique because it made the seamlines and the shape of the bodice on the body really clear. I enjoyed using this method and will definately use it in the future because it works well with how I personally find it easiest to pattern draft by seeing what I am going to make in 3D pattern form compared to the 2D method I have used before.

Due to the limited fittings available I didn't have to draft my bodice from scratch. I was able to use a bodice pattern and just alter it to fit my dancers measurements. This method is used in the industry to save time and was a useful method to learn for when I am limited on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment