About Me

Essex & Bournemouth,, United Kingdom
I am currently a second year student studying costume with performance design at The Arts Unversity College in Bournemouth. My blog will be a way for me to present my progression throughout my time on the costume course and show how my making skills develop through a variety of units that I will carry out.

Saturday 17 April 2010

Problem with the Bodice

After a long tutorial with my tutor we decided that the top fabric of the bodices did not look neat enough due to the type of fabric it had wrinkled quite badly after being sewn. Therefore we had to make the decision to undo the bodices completely and put interfacing between the drill and top fabric to make it lie smoother. This added another day of extra work onto what we already had to achieve but made me realise that when you have paying customers it has to be perfect and our bodices just weren't.
The images below show before and after putting an interfacing between the drill and top fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment