About Me

Essex & Bournemouth,, United Kingdom
I am currently a second year student studying costume with performance design at The Arts Unversity College in Bournemouth. My blog will be a way for me to present my progression throughout my time on the costume course and show how my making skills develop through a variety of units that I will carry out.

Wednesday 14 April 2010

Dyeing the Fabric


In a group tutorial we had decided on the colours we would dye our fabrics, these were: light pink and blue, dark pink and blue and lilac. We all decided on the colours we would be dyeing and started to dye the top fabric, viscose ( for decoration) and the top layer of net. After spending the most part of a day in the dye room we found that dyeing gold was not the easiest fabric to dye the colours we wanted, in the end lilac dye worked to create my colour which was the dark pink. Then the net had to be dyed numerous times to get it to match the pink in the gold fabric. We decided to scrap the viscose because it didn't match at all and would of just looked tacky.

When working in the dye room it make me realise how important communication is when working in a group because we helped each other so much to get the right colour which sped the process along, (hence how I found that lilac created the pink I wanted).

No comments:

Post a Comment